Commissions, Margin Rates, and Fees
At Fidelity, commission-free trades come with even more value.
How do we stand apart from the rest?
- $0 commissions for online US stock, ETF, and option trades.
- Margin rates among the most competitive in the industry—as low as 5.00%*
- No minimums to open an account
It's easy. Opening your new account takes just minutes.
Download and print full details of our commissions and fees, including our low rates for online trades and our rates for automated telephone service (FAST?) or representative-assisted trades.
|All online U.S. equity trades
Any number of shares or trades
All online options tradesBuy to close orders of $0.65 or less
$0.65 per contract
|All online ETF trades||$0|
Bonds and CDs
|Secondary Issues||$1.00 per bond2|
|U.S. Treasury: Auctions and secondary issues online||$0|
|U.S. Treasury:?Auctions and secondary issues representative assisted||Flat fee of $19.95|
|No Transaction Fee (NTF) non-Fidelity funds:||$0 on purchase. $49.95 on redemption if held less than 60 days|
|Transaction Fee non-Fidelity funds:||$49.95 per purchase.4 $0 on redemption|
1. Fidelity makes certain new issue products available without a separate transaction fee. Fidelity may receive compensation from issuers for participating in the offering as a selling group member and/or underwriter. For representative assisted treasury auction orders, a $19.95 transaction fee applies.
2. Minimum mark-up or mark-down of $19.95 applies if traded with a Fidelity representative. For U.S. Treasury purchases traded with a Fidelity representative, a flat charge of $19.95 per trade applies. A $250 maximum applies to all trades, reduced to a $50 maximum for bonds maturing in one year or less. Rates are for U.S. dollar–denominated bonds; additional fees and minimums apply for non-dollar bond trades. Other conditions may apply; see Fidelity.com/commissions for details. Please note that mark-ups and mark-downs may affect the total cost of the transaction and the total, or "effective," yield of your investment. The offering broker, which may be our affiliate, National Financial Services LLC, may separately mark-up or mark-down the price of the security and may realize a trading profit or loss on the transaction.
3. Other concessions or commissions may apply if traded with a Fidelity representative.
4. Certain funds will have a transaction fee of $75. To identify any applicable transaction fees associated with the purchase of a given fund, please refer to the "Fees and Distributions" tab on the individual fund page on Fidelity.com
The margin rate you pay depends on your outstanding margin balance—the higher your balance, the lower the margin rate you are charged.
|Debit balance||Margin rate||Effective rate|
|$1M+||Base – 3.075%||5.000%|
|$500,000-$999,999||Base – 2.825%||5.250%|
|$250,000–$499,999||Base – 0.500%||7.575%|
|$100,000–$249,999||Base – 0.250%||7.825%|
|$50,000–$99,999||Base – 0.200%||7.875%|
|$25,000–$49,999||Base + 0.750%||8.825%|
|$0–$24,999||Base + 1.250%||9.325%|
You've seen the low rates—you can also get our powerful tools, convenience, and repayment flexibility.
Learn more about margin borrowing at Fidelity
|Electronic statements||$0||Per Statement|
|Monthly statements||$0||Per Statement|
|Trade confirms||$0||Per Confirm|
|Replacement statement||$0||Per Statement|
|Replacement confirm||$0||Per Confirm|
|Early IRA withdrawals||$0||Per Withdrawal|
|Roth IRA conversion||$0||Per Conversion|
|SIMPLE IRA annual fee||$0||Annual|
|IRA closeout fee||$0||Per Request|
|Cash management services|
|Electronic funds transfer (EFT)||$0||Per Transaction|
|Fidelity BillPay?||$0||Per Transaction|
|Check copies||$0||Per Request|
|Returned check||$0||Per Returned Check|
|Stop payment2||$0||Per Request|
|Check ordering||$0||Per Order|
|Overnight check delivery||$0||Per Request|
|Cashier's check||$0||Per Check|
|Debit card annual fee||$0||Annual|
|Fidelity? Cash Management Account ATM fee||$0||Per Transaction|
|Fidelity? Cash Management Account ATM bank surcharge||Reimbursed||Per Transaction|
|The Fidelity Account? ATM fee||$0||Per Transaction|
|The Fidelity Account? ATM bank surcharge||Varies||Per Transaction|
|Bank wire (domestic)||$0||Per Wire Request|
|Foreign exchange wire1||Up to 3% of principal||Per Wire Request|
|Steaming Level II quotes||$0||Annual|
|Transfer of assets||$0||Per Transfer|
|Mandatory corporate reorganization||$0||Per Transaction|
|Voluntary corporate reorganization||$0||Per Transaction|
|Depository Foreign Trust Company (DTC) foreign settlement fee
Note: Fee is per trade for foreign ordinary stock that is not DTC eligible.
|Stock certificate transfer and ship2||$100||Per Certificate|
|Transfer Limited Partnership positions||$0||Per Partnership|
|Mutual fund annual low balance fee||$0||Annual Per Fund|
|Foreign dividends and reorganizations3||1% of principal||Per Transaction|
|Margin liquidation||$32.95||Per Liquidation|
|Reg T extension||$0||Per Extension|
1. Charged when converting USD to wire funds in a foreign currency
2. Applies only to customers who have certificate shares reregistered and shipped; waived for households that meet certain asset and trade minimums at Fidelity (Households with $1 million or more in assets or $25,000 or more in assets +120 trades a year).
3. 1% of principal charged when a dividend is paid or a reorganization event occurs on a foreign asset held in USD